Sports & Culture
Importance of Sport & Culture
Sport and Culture activities are also an important part of our school curriculum.
We currently offer five-a-side soccer, tennis, netball, athletics, running club, cheerleading and mountain biking.
Cultural activities include drama club, art club, social club, science club, eisteddfod and more.
Certain FREE sports/cultural/environmental activities for our high school students are also offered for FREE after school in the afternoons. E.g. Drama, athletics, mountain biking (coaching is free), tennis, coding and more.
Our grade RR to grade 1 students participate in extra-mural enrichment activities which are offered
FREE after classes Mondays to Fridays. Activities include ball skills and other sport activities, art, drama, music and environmental/eco studies such as growing vegetables in our school’s vegetable garden.
(Sports and Cultural activities are offered depending on the demand and the minimum number of participants is met).
Our grade R and grade 1 students participate in extra-mural enrichment activities which are offered FREE after classes Mondays to Fridays. Activities include ball skills and other sport activities, art, drama, music and environmental/eco studies such as growing vegetables in our school’s vegetable garden.
Visual & Performing Arts – The “A” in STEAME
Academy Private School strives to be a centre of cultural excellence. At Academy Private School, every student has the opportunity to explore their creative potential through an array of exciting cultural experiences. Academy Private School places a great emphasis on creativity both in and outside of the classroom.
Academy Private School offers an array of competitive and enrichment opportunities that allow for student expression and creative teamwork at both junior and senior levels. Students are encouraged to grow and expand on their individual creative potential.
Academy Private School’s Senior Creative Academic offering/subject is Design.
Design teaches students very valuable skills that will prepare them for the world and a wide variety of careers in the future. In other words, design helps to develop skills that can help a student to navigate a very complex world.
Many popular professions of today were completely unheard of 10 years ago. One can only imagine what the career landscape would look like in 10 years time. It is believed that there are going to be many more professions that we cannot even imagine today. Within the context of such an uncertain future it is vital that the new generation is equipped with skills that can empower them to manage complex and unfamiliar situations/conditions with more ease and confidence. Design and creative activities can be the vehicle to develop such skills that can help the future generation to manage an uncertain future.
Academy Private School encourages additional participation in its Cultural and Arts Programmes.
These programme includes Drama and Acting, Public Speaking, Debating, Choir, Visual Art, Arts & Crafts, Design (Computer Aided Design) and Photography. We believe that every student should experience Academy Private School’s Cultural and Arts Programmes. This is why our school offers participation of all students during school hours in a compulsory cultural period every Friday.
Competitively, Academy Private School students participate in the Eisteddfod, art competitions, music competitions and more.
Primary School Sport & Cultural Activities
Extramurals: Grades 3 to 6
(Extramurals are offered depending on the demand and the minimum number of participants are met)
2. Art & Crafts Club
3. Drama Club (participate in Eisteddfod)
4. Environmental/Eco Club (incl. gardening)
|5. Science Cub (Maths, Science, Experiments)
6. Social Club (outreach to charities)
7. Computer Science Club (Computer Skills)
8. Quizz Team (Competitions)
Most of our cultural clubs are offered free in the afternoons after school and are included in the school fees (excludes materials e.g. art materials for projects which may be needed and must be purchased by the student).
Sports offered that require a monthly fee to be paid:
||4. Chess (Competitive Group)
5. Little Cooks
6. Mountain Biking (League fees, competition
fees, bike maintenance, trail permits)
Further sports and cultural activities are available depending on demand per term.
E.g. Karate, Photography, robotics, music instruments (guitar, piano), Musical Rascals/Djembe Beatz Drumming, acting classes and more. Please ask for a Sport/Cultural Activity Request Form to complete at the school office.
APS Tennis Programme: “APS Tennis Aces” Club
- Academy Private School’s structured tennis programme is aimed at developing your child’s ball and co-ordination skills as well as building and progressing good tennis skills with the aim of participating in league tennis matches.
- Students who are enrolled in the APS Tennis Programme must participate in a minimum of 2 tennis coaching lessons (one lesson with our trained teacher coaches and one lesson with our contracted professional tennis coach. Why a minimum of 2 tennis lessons per week? A minimum of 2 coaching lessons is required in order to develop the necessary tennis skills sufficiently and progress these skills.
Academy Private School will provide the following regarding the tennis coaching for free:
- Transport of the various groups to the Tennis Club for signed up lessons with our contracted professional tennis coaches.
- 1x Tennis lessons per week by our trained school tennis teacher coaches who follow a professionally set up tennis skills programme.
Tennis Lessons with the school’s contracted professional tennis coaches:
- Students must be enrolled for at least one lesson per week with the school’s contracted professional tennis coaches.
- Parents must complete the professional tennis academy’s Tennis Enrolment From and pay the Lesson Fees to the contracted professional tennis academy.
Should you wish to sign your child up for the APS Tennis Programme please complete the APS TENNIS PROGRAMME ENROLMENT FORM as well as the PRO TENNIS ACADEMY TENNIS ENROLLMENT FORM and hand them to Shane at the school front admin office or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The APS Tennis Programme is offered subject to the minimum numbers of students per age group are met.
The school’s contracted professional tennis coaches are from LITTLE TENNIS PRO ACADEMY. www.littletennispro.com